The Session: BEER AND THE GOOD LIFE
THE SESSION #139 BEER BLOGGING FRIDAY
BEER AND THE GOOD LIFE
The Session, a.k.a. Beer Blogging Friday, is an opportunity once a month for beer bloggers from around the world to get together and write from their own unique perspective on a single topic. Each month, a different beer blogger hosts the Session, chooses a topic and creates a round-up listing all of the participants, along with a short pithy critique of each entry.
The founders of the event, Jay Brooks and Stan Hieronymous, state that it is “an opportunity once a month for beer bloggers from around the world to get together and write from their own unique perspective on a single topic.”
This Session's Topic: Send Posts by Sept. 7, 2018
Beer ads famously sell us "the good life"--fit, scantily clad friends imbibing on boats and beaches in the summer sun. But that's advertising, not real life (not often anyway). So how does beer fit into a well-lived life? What does beer mean to being a good person, or having a good life?
As seems typical for The Session, the guidelines aren't strict. Maybe one of these topics will spark an idea for your blog post:
- What role does beer play in your life? Does it help or hurt, on balance?
- What does enjoying beer mean to you?
- Creating a life full of pleasure (including the enjoyment of good food and drink) is a moral responsibility one owes to oneself and there is no better way to live.
- Good beer, good food, good books, good friends--these are the things that make a good life.
- How much beer is good? How much beer is bad?
- Is getting drunk/wasted an appropriate part of a life well lived? Is an occasional blow-out a good way to "release" (or however you think of it)?
- You could do other things with your time/money: Is it wrong to spend it on beer instead of something else? How do you balance your personal desires with your other responsibilities?
- Beer and Community: Is the point of beer to help humans connect?
- Beer and Justice: How can we justify enjoying a pint when so many things are wrong in the world, and in the beer world itself? There are many recent hot topics that would fit well here: Beer and gender, identity, race, class, etc.
- How does blogging about beer, or talking about beer with friends, enhance your life?
- Socrates said, "The unexamined life is not worth living." Is the unexamined beer not worth drinking?
Email me a link to your post Bill@CraftBeerInSanDiego.com or link it in the comments below, by or on Friday, September 7, 2018. My job as host is to create a "round up" of all the posts received. I'm looking forward to seeing what you write. I'll have my post up early on Friday morning (Pacific Time).